Print This Recipe
Peppered Top Sirloin Roast with Sauteed Broccolini
Servings: Makes 6 to 8 servings
Cook Time: 85 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
2 lb beef top sirloin petite roast
1 tablespoon seasoned pepper
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
12 oz broccolini, trimmed
1 whole bermuda red onion cut into 1/2-inch thick slices and separated into rings
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 325degreesF. Press seasoned pepper evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
2. Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325degreesF oven 60 to 75 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness.
3. Meanwhile, combine cheese, butter and green onion in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
4. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; add Broccolini, onion and water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Remove cover and continue cooking 2 to 4 minutes or until water has evaporated and Broccolini is crisp-tender and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Immediately add 2 tablespoons blue cheese mixture; stir until butter is melted. Season with salt and ground black pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
5. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135degreesF for medium rare; 150degreesF for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10degreesF to reach 145degreesF for medium rare; 160degreesF for medium.)
6. Carve roast into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with vegetables and remaining blue cheese butter.
Cook's Tip: Broccolini is also referred to as baby broccoli.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 6 to 8 servings|
|Calories||198 kcal (9%)|
|Calories from Fat||180 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||20 g (30%)|
|Saturated Fat||13 g (65%)|
|Cholesterol||55 mg (18%)|
|Sodium||150 mg (6%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||8 g (2%)|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g (16%)|
|Protein||18 g (30%)|
|Vitamin A||371 IU (7%)|
|Vitamin C||20 mg (33%)|
|Calcium||74 mg (1%)|
|Iron||7 mg (11%)|