Print This Recipe
Clam and Corn Fritters with Lemon Aioli
Servings: Yields 2 dozen (8 servings)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 45 minutes
3 each garlic clove
1/2 cup low-fat mayonaise
2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper, divided
1 med Fresh sweet onion, diced
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 each Eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil or corn oil
1 cup kernel corn, fresh or frozen thawed
1 1/2 cups minced clam
1. Preheat oven to 375degreesF. Spray 2 baking sheets with olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
2. Make the aioli. In a food processor, pulse garlic until finely minced. Add mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Pulse to combine until smooth. Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Make the fritters. Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray andheat over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add onion and saute until softenedand starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining pepper. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, and oil and whisk together lightly. Add reserved onions, corn, and clams. Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined; be careful not to overmix.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, 2 inchesapart; there should be 22 to 24 fritters. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until atoothpick stuck in the center of a fritter comes out clean.
6. Preheat broiler during last 5 minutes of baking time. Place fritters under broiler for about one minute, until lightly browned.
7. Serve warm with aioli dipping sauce. Top with lemon wedges if desired.
Source: fresh magazine July, August 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Yields 2 dozen (8 servings)|
|Calories||250 kcal (12%)|
|Calories from Fat||99 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||11 g (16%)|
|Saturated Fat||2 g (7%)|
|Cholesterol||55 mg (18%)|
|Sodium||630 mg (26%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||30 g (10%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||10 g (16%)|