Print This Recipe
Cherry Stuffed Chicken
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 cup Fresh sweet cherries , pitted and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup Chopped onion
1 teaspoon fresh sage sprig ,chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Fresh thyme, chopped
4 each Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 to 6 oz. each)
3 tablespoon Olive oil
2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
1. Combine cherries, onion, sage, salt and thyme; mix well.
2. Cut a pocket on the thicker side of the chicken breast; sprinkle lightly with salt if desired. Stuff 1/4 of cherry mixture into the pocket; close opening with metal skewers or wooden picks.
3. Combine oil, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Marinate stuffed chicken breasts 1/2 hour in refrigerator.
4. Broil or grill chicken breasts, brushing with marinade, until fully cooked and juices run clear when sliced.
Oven Method: Brown stuffed chicken in oven-safe skillet on both sides. Bake at 375 degrees F 12 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
Source: Northwest Cherries
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||305 kcal (15%)|
|Calories from Fat||129 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||14 g (22%)|
|Cholesterol||86 mg (28%)|
|Sodium||1130 mg (47%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||12 g (3%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||32 g (54%)|