Print This Recipe
Mango Tango Bran Muffins
Servings: Makes 12 Muffins
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 cup KELLOGG'S All-Bran Original cereal
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Mango Tango Pluots, chopped (about 2-3 pluots)
1. Combine cereal and orange juice; let stand several minutes for bran to absorb juice.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Stir egg and oil into bran until well mixed.
4. Add bran mixture and chopped nectarines to dry ingredients; stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be thick and lumpy.)
5. Spoon batter into 12 greased 2-1/2 inch muffin cups. Bake in 400degrees F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and serve hot.
Options: Sprinkle muffins with slivered almonds before baking.
Courtesy of Kingsburg Orchards and California Tree Fruit Agreement
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 12 Muffins|
|Calories||86 kcal (4%)|
|Calories from Fat||63 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||7 g (10%)|
|Saturated Fat||7 g (35%)|
|Cholesterol||9 mg (3%)|
|Sodium||117 mg (4%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||23 g (7%)|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g (24%)|
|Protein||7 g (11%)|
|Vitamin A||164 IU (3%)|
|Vitamin C||9 mg (15%)|
|Calcium||76 mg (1%)|
|Iron||8 mg (13%)|