Print This Recipe
Mango Tango Steak and Salsa
Servings: Makes 7 servings
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 each Mango Tango Pluot, pitted
1 each peach, pitted
1 each nectarine, pitted
1or 2 each Jalapeno pepper, seeded and stemmed
1/4 cup red onion, minced
2 tablespoon Fresh cilantro, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 lb flank steak
2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1. Cut each piece of fruit into 8 slices. Place fruit and jalapenos on a well-oiled grill over medium heat and cook for a few minutes on each side to lightly char. Let cool.
2. Chop the grilled and cooled fruit and jalapenos and place in a medium bowl with onion, cilantro and lime juice. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Thoroughly tenderize the meat by pricking both sides with meat tenderizer or fork. Stir together garlic salt, cumin, oregano and chili powder in a small bowl and rub onto both sides of meat.
4. Place steak on grill over medium heat and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until meat is cooked to your liking. Let stand for 5 minutes before thinly carving at an angle against the grain. Transfer meat and juices to a platter.
5. Serve with Mango Tango Salsa.
Courtesy of Kingsburg Orchards and California Tree Fruit Agreement
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 7 servings|
|Calories||320 kcal (16%)|
|Calories from Fat||153 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||17 g (26%)|
|Cholesterol||90 mg (30%)|
|Sodium||630 mg (26%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||7 g (2%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||35 g (58%)|