Print This Recipe
Almond Dukkah-Dusted Cod
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 0 minutes
1/2 cup blanched almonds, slivered or whole
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup Coriander seeds
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 (5 to 6 oz.) each cod fillets
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup dukkah spice blend
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Note: The recipe for dukkah makes more than you'll need for the cod. Keep the remainder on hand for sprinkling over plain yogurt or salads, or eat it the traditional way, with crusty bread dipped in olive oil.
1. Prepare the dukkah. Preheat oven to 400degreesF. Place almonds on a baking sheetand toast 6 to 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Transfer to a medium bowl. Do not turn off oven.
2. While almonds are toasting, warm a medium skillet over medium-low heat.Toast sesame seeds, shaking the pan often, until just fragrant and lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully ? sesame seeds can go from just right to burnt very quickly. Reserve 1 Tbsp. in a small dish, and add remainder to almonds. Toast coriander seeds in a skillet until fragrant, about 2 minutes, then cumin seeds, about 1 minute, adding each to nuts once toasted. Cool completely.
3. Transfer mixture, in batches, to a spice mill or coffee grinder, and grind coarsely until just lightly crushed ? mixture should remain a bit granular, not powdered. Transfer to a small bowl. Add reserved 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds and salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper, and toss gently. The dukkah will keep for weeks in an airtight container, refrigerated.
4. Prepare the cod. Spray the baking sheet used for the almonds with olive oil cooking spray. Place fillets on baking sheet. Season with 1/4 tsp. pepper. Toss dukkah with olive oil in a small bowl, and pat some of the mixture on top of each fillet. Roast at 400degreesF for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cod is just cookedthrough. Serve immediately.
Source: Fresh Magazine January, February 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|