Print This Recipe
Beer Bread with Rosemary and Onion
Servings: Makes 1 loaf (12 servings)
Cook Time: 65 minutes
Prep Time: 0 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 each onion, quartered and thinly sliced
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon Fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp. dried
12 oz (1 1/2 cups) light lager-style beer
1. Preheat oven to 375degreesF. Spray a 9-by-5- inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Addonion and cook until just beginning to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove fromheat and let cool a few minutes.
3. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper, and rosemary together in a large bowl. Add beer and onion and stir until combined. Pour into loaf pan and drizzle remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over the top of the batter. Bake at 375degreesF until top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes.
4. Cool bread in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely before slicing. Bread tastes best at room temperature or toasted.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 1 loaf (12 servings)|
|Calories||170 kcal (8%)|
|Calories from Fat||23 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||3 g (3%)|
|Saturated Fat||0 g (0%)|
|Cholesterol||0 mg (0%)|
|Sodium||230 mg (9%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||31 g (10%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||4 g (6%)|