Print This Recipe
Balsamic Lamb Chops w/ Creamy Minted Rice
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 73 minutes
Prep Time: 0 minutes
2 lbs. Lamb chops (about 12 chops)
1 (8 oz.) bottle Nature's Place Sundried Tomato balsamic vinaigrette
1 1/2 cups Nature's Place long-grain brown rice
3 1/3 cups water (plus more if needed)
2 tablespoons Nature's Place Organic honey
3 tablespoons chopped Nature's Place Organic mint
1 tablespoon Taste of Inspirations Black Pepper Dipping oil
2/3 cup Hannaford Light nonfat plain yogurt
2 (7 oz.) pkg. Inspirations baby salad spinach
0 each Nature's Place Organic mint leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Place chops in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour vinaigrette over chops, mix to coat all chops, seal bag, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
2. When ready to cook the chops, preheat oven to 350degreesF. In a 11/2-quart casserole dish, add rice, water, honey, mint, and oil. Cover dish with lid or aluminum foil and cook for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring once midway through. The rice is ready when it is no longer soupy and the water has been absorbed. When rice is done, remove from oven and stir in yogurt. The rice should havethe consistency of risotto; if it seems too dry, stir in a few tablespoons of water.
3. While rice cooks, preheat grill on medium heat (or preheat broiler). Take chops from fridge, remove from marinade and discard marinade. If grilling, place lamb chops on direct heat and close cover. Grill 3 to 5 minutes (or broil 6 minutes). Flip chops over and grill an additional 3 to 5 minutes (or broil an additional 6 minutes). When chops are done, remove to a plate and tent with foil.
4. While chops cook, puncture a hole in 1 bag of spinach. Place on a microwave-safe dish and cook for 3 minutes on high. Repeat with second bag of spinach. Transfer cooked spinach from both bags to a cutting board and chop.
5. To serve, divide rice among 4 plates, forming a mound at the center of eachdish. Surround each mound with spinach. Top rice with 3 lamb chops and serve immediately, garnished with mint leaves, if desired.
Source: Fresh Magazine March, April 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||1350 kcal (67%)|
|Calories from Fat||738 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||82 g (126%)|
|Saturated Fat||26 g (130%)|
|Cholesterol||240 mg (80%)|
|Sodium||760 mg (31%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||79 g (26%)|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g (16%)|
|Protein||70 g (116%)|