Print This Recipe
Spicy Arugula-Pistachio Pesto w/ Flank Steak
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Prep Time: 0 minutes
1 each garlic clove
1 each jalapeno pepper
2 lbs. flank steak, trimmed
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 cups lightly packed Inspirations Baby arugula
1/3 cup unsalted pistachios
1/2 cup grated manchego cheese
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 each tomatoes
1 each avocado
1. Preheat a grill or broiler to high heat.
2. Peel garlic. Slice jalape?o in thirds, cutting away white veins and removing seeds. Place both in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
3. Season steak on both sides with 1/2 tsp. of the pepper. If using a grill, place steak directly on grill. If using a broiler, place steak on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil sprayed with vegetable cooking spray. Cook on each side for 5 to 8 minutes, depending on desired doneness (5 to 6 minutes formedium-rare, 7 to 8 minutes for medium).
4. While steak cooks, prepare pesto. Add arugula and pistachios to the foodprocessor with garlic and jalape?o. Pulse a few times until coarsely minced. Add cheese and salt to mixture and pulse again until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Through the feed tube, add 2 Tbsp. lime juice and 3 Tbsp. oil to the mixture while pulsing, until fully combined and smooth. The pesto will be thick.
5. Slice tomatoes in half and thinly slice each half into half-moon slices. Cut avocado in quarters, and slice each wedge into thinner slices. Divide tomatoes and avocados among 4 dinner plates. Drizzle each with a bit of the remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. pepper.
6. When steak is done, let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice steak across the grain and divide among the 4 plates. Top with arugula pesto and serve immediately.
Source: Fresh Magazine March, April 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||750 kcal (37%)|
|Calories from Fat||423 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||47 g (72%)|
|Saturated Fat||12 g (60%)|
|Cholesterol||95 mg (31%)|
|Sodium||680 mg (28%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||20 g (6%)|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g (32%)|
|Protein||63 g (105%)|