Print This Recipe
Japanese-Style Roasted Salmon w/ Kabocha Squash
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 44 minutes
Prep Time: 0 minutes
2 lb. Kabocha squash, seeded and cut into 1-inch half-moon slices
1 1/2 tablespoon Nature's Place canola oil
1/4 tablespoon Taste of Inspirations Murray River Flake salt or sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoon Minced fresh ginger
3 each Scallions, finely chopped
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Inspirations Garlic Dipping oil
2 tablespoons Nature's Place Organic honey
1 1/2 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup minced fresh Nature's Place Organic chives, divided
1 1/2 lb. salmon fillet
1. Preheat oven to 425degreesF. Spray a rimmed baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.Place squash slices on the pan and toss with canola oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix together ginger, scallions, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic oil, honey, lemon juice, and 3 Tbsp. of the chives. Stir well.
3. Remove squash from the oven and gently turn the slices. Pour half the sauce ontop and roast another 5 minutes.
4. Gently move squash slices off to the sides of the pan. Place salmon fillet in the center. Pour remaining sauce on top of the salmon and roast for 14 to 17 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet, until salmon is cooked through.
5. While fish cooks, preheat broiler. After roasting, spoon sauce from the bottom of the pan on top of the salmon and squash and broil for 4 to 7 minutes, or until salmon and squash look nicely glazed and golden brown;watch carefully. Transfer fish to a platter and place squash on either side of the fillet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. chives and serve immediately.
Source: Fresh Magazine September, October 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||590 kcal (29%)|
|Calories from Fat||297 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||33 g (50%)|
|Saturated Fat||6 g (30%)|
|Cholesterol||95 mg (31%)|
|Sodium||650 mg (27%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||35 g (11%)|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g (16%)|
|Protein||38 g (63%)|