Print This Recipe
Hot and Sweet Glazed Bacon
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Prep Time: 8 minutes
1 lb (12 to 18 slices) thick-sliced bacon (found in the Butcher Shop)
1/2 cup Light brown sugar packed
1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
1 pinch Black pepper, freshly ground
1. Preheat broiler. Place 6 strips of bacon on a rack on top of a broiler pan.
2. In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, chili powder, and pepper. Lightly top each strip of bacon with about 1/2 to 1 tsp. of the seasoned sugar mixture, patting it down to make sure it adheres well.
3. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp and brown, but not burnt. Keep a close eye on the bacon, as it can go from undercooked to overcooked and burnt in seconds.
4. Gently turn the bacon and sprinkle each slice with another 1/2 to 1 tsp. of the sugar mixture, pressing down lightly to make sure it adheres to the meat. Broil for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked to your liking.
5. Remove from the broiler and repeat with the remaining bacon and sugar mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||140 kcal (7%)|
|Calories from Fat||n/a|
|Saturated Fat||9 g (45%)|
|Cholesterol||55 mg (18%)|
|Sodium||1520 mg (63%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||4 g (1%)|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g (0%)|
|Protein||27 g (45%)|