Print This Recipe
Candy Cane CheeseCake
Servings: Serves 12
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Prep Time: 35 minutes
8 oz chocolate mint cookie sandwich (such as newman-o's mint cre`me or oreo cool mint), finely ground
2 tablespoons Butter, unsalted, melted
5 (8 oz.) pkgs 1/3-less-fat (neufcha^tel) cream cheese (2 1/2 lbs.), at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 each eggs
1/2 cup finely ground peppermint candy canes
1/4 cup coarsely chopped candy canes (optional garnish)
1/4 cup Taste of Inspirations Decadent Chocolate topping (optional garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with vegetable cooking spray. Wrap the outside of the pan with aluminum foil. (This will keep water from getting in while the cheesecake bakes in a water bath.) Have ready a large roasting pan that will hold the springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl combine cookie crumbs and melted butter until well mixed. Pour into the prepared pan and press into an even, compact layer, going slightly higher (about 1 inch) on the sides. Chill until filling is ready.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar and mix on high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly and scraping sides of bowl with a spatula after each addition.
4. Pour 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Add ground candy canes to remaining batter and mix until well combined. Pour candy cane batter in a spiral on top of batter in pan. Use a knife to gently swirl the two mixtures, being careful not to disturb the crust. Place pan in the larger roasting pan and fill with hot water about halfway up the side of the springform pan (but not above the foil). Bake 65 to 75 minutes, or until cheesecake is set and just beginning to brown at edges.
5. Remove foil and set pan on a rack to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Run knife around perimeter of pan to loosen cake, but do not remove ring. Refrigerate cheesecake at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve chilled. Just before serving, garnish cheesecake with chopped candy canes. Top each slice with 1 tsp. chocolate sauce.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||460 kcal (23%)|
|Calories from Fat||279 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||31 g (47%)|
|Saturated Fat||15 g (75%)|
|Cholesterol||170 mg (56%)|
|Sodium||430 mg (17%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||34 g (11%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||13 g (21%)|