Print This Recipe
Turkey and White Bean Gratin
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 container (14.5 oz.) low-sodium chicken broth or turkey broth
8 each garlic clove, peeled and smashed with the broad side of a knife
15 1/2 oz (4 cans) white, navy, or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
2 tablespoon minced fresh sage
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
1 tablespoon Taste of Inspirations Garlic Dipping oil
1 (16 to 18 oz.) pkg Cooked diced potatoes (found in Produce), such as Potato express diced red skin Potatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
3 whole cups chopped cooked turkey
1/2 cup dried cranberries, (optional)
3/4 cup minced Fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450degreesF. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Place broth and garlic in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove cover and continue boiling until reduced to about 11/2 cups, about 21/2 minutes.
3. Pure?e garlic broth with 3/4 cup of the beans, sage, and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth, or use an immersion blender.
4. Heat garlic oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and salt, toss to coat evenly with oil, and cook, stirring often, until potatoesbegin to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. In a large bowl, mix together remaining beans, turkey, cranberries if using, parsley, and broth mixture. Transfer to prepared baking dish and spread into a thin, even layer. Spread the potatoes evenly into a single layer over the bean mixture.
6. Bake until filling is heated through and potatoes are golden brown, about 15 minutes (check the bean gratin after 10 minutes and cover with foil if the potatoes are getting too dark). Serve hot.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||480 kcal (24%)|
|Calories from Fat||54 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||6 g (9%)|
|Saturated Fat||1 g (5%)|
|Cholesterol||50 mg (16%)|
|Sodium||210 mg (8%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||68 g (22%)|
|Dietary Fiber||19 g (76%)|
|Protein||41 g (68%)|