Print This Recipe
Rosemary and Honey Turkey with Hazelnut-Mushroom Dressing
Servings: Serves 10
Cook Time: 180 minutes
Prep Time: 65 minutes
1 (8 to 9 lb.) whole bone-in turkey breast, rinsed well and patted dry
2 cups water
1 (2/3 oz.) pkg Nature's Place organic poultry herb bouquet, divided (produce)
1 (8 oz.) pkg chopped hazelnuts, about 2 cups
2 tablespoons Nature's Place organic extra virgin olive oil
4 each leeks, white and pale green parts, thinly sliced
1 (8 oz.) pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 (8 oz.) pkg sliced white mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon Inspirations Fleur de Sel sea salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
10 to 12 slices Nature's Place all natural oat nut bread
1 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth or turkey broth
2 each eggs
2 tablespoons Inspirations Garlic Dipping oil
1 (12 oz.) container Nature's Place organic honey
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped Nature's Place organic rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Inspirations Fleur de Sel sea salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth or turkey broth
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place turkey, skin side up, on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Add water to the roasting pan. Insert half the poultry bouquet herbs into the cavity of the turkey breast. Spray the outside of the turkey with vegetable cooking spray. Roast the turkey breast for 3 to 4 hours, depending on the size.
2. Prepare the dressing. In a large nonstick skillet, stir and toast hazelnuts over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer hazelnuts to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add olive oil to pan and increase heat to medium-high. When hot add leeks, baby bella and white mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until mushrooms give off their liquid and it begins to evaporate, about 15 minutes.
4. While mushrooms are cooking, cut bread slices into 1/2-inch cubes. There should be 6 cups of bread cubes. Spread the cubes on a baking sheet and spray with vegetable cooking spray. Toast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Transfer to the bowl with the nuts.
5. Remove leaves from the stems of the remaining poultry bouquet herbs. Discard stems and finely chop the leaves and add to the mushrooms. Stir to combine, then add to bowl and toss well to combine.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk broth and eggs together. Pour broth mixture over the dressing and toss well to combine. Spray a 9-by- 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Transfer dressing into the pan in an even layer. Cover pan with foil and set aside.
7. Prepare glaze. In a medium saucepan, combine garlic dipping oil, honey, rosemary, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
8. When the turkey has roasted for 90 minutes, generously baste it with the glaze. Continue basting every 15 minutes or so.
9. When the turkey has roasted for 2 hours, 30 minutes, place the covered dressingpan in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes. The dressing is done when it has firmed up and is lightly toasted on top. Transfer cooked dressing to a serving bowl.
10. Check the internal temperature of the turkey after it has roasted 3 hours. It should read 165 degrees at the thickest part of the breast. If more time is needed, check again at 10-minute intervals until 165 degrees is reached, basting at each check. When turkey is done, tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
11. Whisk the cornstarch into the turkey broth and add to the remaining glaze. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. The sauce will thicken quickly. Immediately transfer to a gravy boat.
12. To serve, place turkey on a platter. Serve with dressing and sauce on the side.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||1090 kcal (54%)|
|Calories from Fat||432 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||48 g (73%)|
|Saturated Fat||9 g (45%)|
|Cholesterol||270 mg (90%)|
|Sodium||630 mg (26%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||72 g (24%)|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g (16%)|
|Protein||89 g (148%)|