Print This Recipe
Rice-Stuffed Pork Crown Roast
Servings: Serves 16
Cook Time: 160 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
8 lb pork crown roast (about 16 ribs)
2 cup rice, uncooked
1 cup long-grain and wild rice mixture, uncooked
3/4 cup Dried apricots, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
1/2 cup Pecans, coarsely chopped
1 6 oz can Frozen orange juice, concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoon butter
1. Place roast, bone tips up, on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover ends of bones with a strip of foil. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 1 1/2-2hours.
2. While roast is baking, cook rice according to package directions, adding apricots the last 10 minutes and cinnamon during the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Combine rice mixture and chopped pecans; mix well.
3. Combine orange juice concentrate and honey, mixing well. Set aside.
4. Fill roast cavity with rice mixture. Place the remaining rice mixture in a small baking dish. Dot the rice stuffing with butter. Brush roast with some of the orange juice mixture. Continue baking roast and rice for 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 150 degrees F. (Allow about 20 minutes per pound total cooking time). Brush occasionally with the orange juice mixture. Let rest until temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
5. Carefully transfer roast to a warm serving platter. Garnish with orange slices and cranberries, if desired.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of The Pork Checkoff
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||462 kcal (23%)|
|Calories from Fat||234 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||26 g (40%)|
|Saturated Fat||10 g (50%)|
|Cholesterol||92 mg (30%)|
|Sodium||92 mg (3%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||38 g (12%)|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g (24%)|
|Protein||39 g (65%)|
|Vitamin A||282 IU (5%)|
|Vitamin C||4 mg (6%)|
|Calcium||56 mg (1%)|
|Iron||8 mg (13%)|