Print This Recipe
New Classic Meatloaf
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 80 minutes
Prep Time: 16 minutes
1/2 each Medium onion, coarsley chopped
1 cup rinsed and drained cannellini beans
1/2 (8 oz.) pkg sliced white mushrooms (about 1 3/4 cups)
1 teaspoon Minced garlic
1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon brown or dijon mustard
1/4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites
1 teaspoon sodium-free beef bouillon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
1 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
5 tablespoon no-salt added ketchup, divided
1 1/2 lb Ground beef, 90% lean
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-5-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine onion, beans, and mushrooms. Process until finely chopped and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add garlic, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, egg substitute or egg whites, bouillon, salt, pepper, oregano, and 1 Tbsp. of the ketchup to the vegetables. Mix well.
3. Add the ground beef and mix until just combined but evenly blended.
4. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, pressing down and smoothing the surface. Use a pastry brush to glaze the top of the meatloaf with 2 Tbsp. of the ketchup. Bake for 1 hour. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees.
5. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes. Brush remaining 2 Tbsp. of ketchup over the meatloaf. Slice and serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||220 kcal (11%)|
|Calories from Fat||81 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||9 g (13%)|
|Saturated Fat||4 g (17%)|
|Cholesterol||55 mg (18%)|
|Sodium||206 mg (8%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||13 g (4%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||21 g (35%)|