Print This Recipe
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
1/2 cup boiling water
2 each chipotle chilies
1/3 cup Nature's Place All Natural Roasted Unsalted almonds
4 whole red bell peppers
1 teaspoon Nature's Place All Natural Roasted garlic
1 slice (1-inch-thick) Nature's Place Neo-Tuscan Boule artisan bread, cubed
1 cup Nature's Place Organic Whole Peeled tomatos
2 tablespoon Taste of Inspirations Red Pepper & Tomato bruschetta
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
1 each parsley leaf (optional garnish)
1. Pour boiling water over chipotle chilies and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
3. Place almonds in a food processor or blender and pulse until they resemble course bread crumbs, about 15 seconds.
4. Cut peppers in half, discarding stems and seeds. Place on prepared sheet, pressing to flatten the halves; it's OK if they crack. Broil until skin begins to blister and blacken, about 10 to 11 minutes, rotating pan if needed to roast evenly. Remove from oven and let rest on pan until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Peel charred skin and discard. Add peppers to food processor.
6. When chilies are done soaking, drain and reserve water. Stem and seed chilies and transfer to the processor.
7. Add garlic, bread, tomatoes, bruschetta, vinegar, salt, and pepper and puree until smooth (or slightly chunky, if preferred). Thin sauce with reserved tomato juice and chili soaking water if needed. Serve warm, garnishing with parsley if desired, or store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||130 kcal (6%)|
|Calories from Fat||45 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||5 g (7%)|
|Saturated Fat||0 g (0%)|
|Cholesterol||0 mg (0%)|
|Sodium||290 mg (12%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||17 g (5%)|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g (16%)|
|Protein||5 g (8%)|