Print This Recipe
Roasted Vegetable Salad with Chickpeas and Honey Lemon Dressing
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 35 minutes
1 large sweet potato (about 8 oz.), cut into 1-inch chunks
4 each carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
4 each shallots, quartered lengthwise
1 each head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoon Taste of Inspirations Garlic Dipping oil
2 16 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
4 cups Nature's Place Baby spinach
1/3 cup Marcona almonds, found with specialty cheeses (optional garnish)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Inspirations Honey Mustard
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sweet potato, carrots, shallots, cauliflower, and thyme. Drizzle garlic oil over the vegetables and toss well. Transfer vegetables to prepared baking sheets, placing them in an even layer.
3. Roast until lightly browned and tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. (This step maybe done one day ahead; vegetables can be refrigerated until the salad is assembled.) Transfer to a large bowl and add chickpeas.
4. While vegetables are roasting, prepare the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisktogether all the dressing ingredients until smooth; set aside. Alternately, combinethe ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake until smooth and evenly blended.
5. Pour dressing over the vegetables. Cover with a layer of spinach. Sprinkle almonds over the spinach, if using. Cover and refrigerate. This salad is best served at room temperature, so remove from fridge 1 hour before serving. Toss well just before serving.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||530 kcal (26%)|
|Calories from Fat||180 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||20 g (30%)|
|Saturated Fat||3 g (12%)|
|Cholesterol||0 mg (0%)|
|Sodium||780 mg (32%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||75 g (25%)|
|Dietary Fiber||15 g (60%)|
|Protein||16 g (26%)|