Print This Recipe
Pasta with Roasted Asparagus
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon Inspirations Crushed Black Pepper Dipping oil
1/4 cup Pine nuts
1/4 cup fat-free or low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup Inspirations house dressing
2 to 3 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
1 (10 oz.) pkg Nature's Place Whole Wheat Linguine Nests or 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Nature's Place All Natural linguine (both found with refrigerated pastas)
1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, cut into thin strips
3 oz Nature's Place Organic Crumbled feta cheese (1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Place asparagus on pan, drizzle with dipping oil, and toss to coat. Roast until asparagus is tender and lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. While asparagus is roasting, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Toast pine nuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes (watch carefully ? they'll go from toasted to burnt in seconds). Pour the toasted pine nuts in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together buttermilk, dressing, and lemon juice.
5. When the water comes to a boil, cook the pasta until tender but slightly al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl.
6. Add asparagus, dressing mixture, and roasted pepper slices. Toss to combine and coat with dressing. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and toasted pine nuts and serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||500 kcal (25%)|
|Calories from Fat||261 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||29 g (44%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (25%)|
|Cholesterol||30 mg (10%)|
|Sodium||280 mg (11%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||51 g (17%)|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g (36%)|
|Protein||17 g (28%)|