Print This Recipe
Raisin-Studded Soda Bread Muffins
Servings: Serves 12 (makes 12 muffins)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups White whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Raisins
1 1/2 cups nonfat or low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons molasses
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a twelve-cup muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, salt, and baking soda. Stir in raisins. Make a well in the center.
3. In a liquid measuring cup, mix buttermilk with molasses. Pour into well in dryingredients and stir just until incorporated.
4. Drop dough into prepared muffin cups. Bake until muffins are firm to the touch,about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Serves 12 (makes 12 muffins)|
|Calories||180 kcal (9%)|
|Calories from Fat||9 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||1 g (1%)|
|Saturated Fat||0 g (0%)|
|Cholesterol||0 mg (0%)|
|Sodium||240 mg (10%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||39 g (13%)|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g (12%)|
|Protein||9 g (15%)|