Print This Recipe
Roast Beef and Potato Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
4 medium red potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
1/4 cup water
1/2 each red onion, thinly sliced
1 lb 1/2-inch-thick lean deli roast beef, (2 to 3 slices), cut into bite-size strips
1 pt grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
1 (9 oz) pkg torn romaine lettuce
3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat blue cheese
1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave safe bowl or microwave steam bag. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes, until just tender, then let rest 10 minutes. Run cold water over the potatoes to stop further cooking.
2. While potatoes cook, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, salt, pepper, and mustard until evenly blended. Whisk in the oil until emulsified, then gently stir in the blue cheese, so the crumbles keep their shape.
3. Place the onion in a large serving bowl. Add a layer of potatoes, then roast beef and tomatoes. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Top with a layer of romaine.
4. Refrigerate until needed. Toss well before serving.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||510 kcal (25%)|
|Calories from Fat||189 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||21 g (32%)|
|Saturated Fat||7 g (35%)|
|Cholesterol||95 mg (31%)|
|Sodium||330 mg (13%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||41 g (13%)|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g (24%)|
|Protein||38 g (63%)|