Print This Recipe
Servings: Serves 12 (makes 2 dozen mini-cupcakes)
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Prep Time: 87 minutes
3/4 cup milk
2 each jasmine green tea bags
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, divided
3 each eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 each food coloring (yellow, pink, or green)
24 each regular or multicolored miniature marshmallow or candy-coated chocolate such as M&M's
1/3 cup Almonds, sliced
1. Prepare the cupcakes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small saucepan, heat milk until steaming. Turn off heat, add tea bags, and let steep for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags and set milk aside to cool slightly. Line one 24-cup or two 12-cup mini-muffin pan(s)with paper muffin cups.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to cream regular sugar with 1/4 cup of the butter.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on medium speed until each is incorporated. Beatin the vanilla.
5. Add half the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Add 1/2 cup ofthe jasmine-milk and mix on low speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl, then add the remaining flour and mix just until smooth.
6. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until golden and springy to the touch, about 14 to 18 minutes. Allow to cool completely. (Can be made in advance and frozen, unfrosted, for up to 2 weeks.)
7. When cupcakes are cool, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, use an electricmixer on low speed to combine confectioners' sugar and remaining 1/4 cup butter and mix until blended ? mixture will be crumbly. Stir in 2 Tbsp. of the remaining jasmine milk. Add additional milk (jasmine or regular) as needed to achieve a spreadable consistency. Keep frosting white, or color as desired with food coloring. If you want a few colors, divide frosting into smaller bowls and give each a different color. Spread frosting on the cooled cupcakes.
8. To decorate, place one marshmallow or M&M in the center of each cupcake. Surround with 6 to 8 sliced almonds to make daisy petals, gently pressing them into the frosting. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Source: Hannaford Fresh Magazine, March - April 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Serves 12 (makes 2 dozen mini-cupcakes)|
|Calories||290 kcal (14%)|
|Calories from Fat||90 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||10 g (15%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (25%)|
|Cholesterol||65 mg (21%)|
|Sodium||125 mg (5%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||46 g (15%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||5 g (8%)|