Print This Recipe
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
1 lb Taste of Inspirations Angus Ground beef, 90% lean
1/3 cup real bacon bits (found with the salad dressing)
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 each whole-wheat english muffin
4 each egg
2 each tomato, cored and thinly sliced
1/8 teaspoon tabasco sauce (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine beef with bacon, cheese, and pepper and mix until just blended. Form seasoned beef into 4 patties, 4 inches across.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, generously coat with vegetable cooking spray. Add patties to the pan. Cook until nicely browned, about 4 to 5 minutes, and flip. Cheese may stick a little; use a spatula to scrape up any bits. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes, to desired doneness.
3. While patties are cooking on the second side, toast English muffins and pre- pare the eggs. Heat a second large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, spray with vegetable cooking spray and add eggs one at a time. Once eggs have set, flip and cook to desired doneness. We recommend over easy or over medium.
4. To assemble burgers, layer tomato slices on bottom halves of the English muffins. Top with a patty and a fried egg, and finish with English muffin half. Serve immediately, with Tabasco on the side if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||470 kcal (23%)|
|Calories from Fat||162 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||18 g (27%)|
|Cholesterol||260 mg (86%)|
|Sodium||770 mg (32%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||32 g (10%)|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g (20%)|
|Protein||42 g (70%)|