Print This Recipe
Strawberry Filled Whoppie Pies
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
2 cups flour
1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Butter, unsalted, softened
1 cup Brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 stick Butter, unsalted, softened
1 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
2 cups marshmallow cream
2 teaspoon Hershey's Strawberry syrup
1/4 cup Fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt, set aside. Stir together buttermilk and vanilla, set aside.
2. Cream butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg, beating to combine. Reduce speed to low and alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk in batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
3. Scoop 1/4 cup mounds of batter 2-inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake until tops are puffed and cakes spring back when touched, 11-13 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
4. For the filling: Beat first 4 ingredients in a bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Fold in strawberries.
5. Spread rounded tablespoon filling on flat surfaces of half the cakes and top with remaining cakes.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||716 kcal (35%)|
|Calories from Fat||387 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||43 g (66%)|
|Saturated Fat||26 g (130%)|
|Cholesterol||608 mg (202%)|
|Sodium||722 mg (30%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||85 g (28%)|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g (20%)|
|Protein||30 g (50%)|
|Vitamin A||1353 IU (27%)|
|Vitamin C||4 mg (6%)|
|Calcium||153 mg (3%)|
|Iron||16 mg (26%)|