Print This Recipe
Dolores's Lemon Chicken
Servings: Serves 12
Cook Time: 36 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 each eggs
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter, unsalted, divided
1/4 cup canola oil, divided
3 1/2 to 4 lbs Taste of Inspirations Thin Sliced boneless chicken breast
3 each Cloves garlic, minced
1 (12 oz) jar Inspirations Lemon Pepper marinade
1 (12 oz) jar Inspirations Lemon Garlic marinade
1 (10 to 12 oz) jar lemon curd (found with jams and jellies)
1/4 to 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 each lemons, sliced very thin
1. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs.
2. In a very large skillet or wide saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp. of the butter with 2 Tbsp. of the oil over medium high heat.
3. Dip chicken breasts in flour, then in the egg. Saute 3 or 4 of the breasts at a time until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, transferring them to a plate once they're done. If needed, melt the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter with the remaining 2 Tbsp. oil to fry additional chicken breasts.
4. Drain all but 1 Tbsp. of the oil from the pan. Heat it over medium heat and add garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes, then add both marinades and the lemon curd. Whisk together so everything is incorporated. Thin slightly with1/4 cup of the chicken broth, or more if needed. Mixture should be sauce-like.
5. Return half the cutlets to the pan and top with slices from 1 lemon. Top with remaining cutlets, and place slices from remaining lemon on top. Cover pan and cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, to allow flavors to meld. Serve hot.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||400 kcal (20%)|
|Calories from Fat||612 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||68 g (104%)|
|Saturated Fat||4 g (17%)|
|Cholesterol||145 mg (48%)|
|Sodium||750 mg (31%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||41 g (13%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||35 g (58%)|
|Vitamin A||213 IU (4%)|
|Vitamin C||15 mg (25%)|
|Calcium||32 mg (0%)|
|Iron||7 mg (11%)|