Print This Recipe
Servings: Serves 8 (5 to 6 wings per serving)
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
6 lbs party chicken wings
1 tablespoon Taste of Inspirations Cabo chipotle chili rub
2 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup hot pepper sauce (Frank's Red Hot is the traditional choice)
6 each celery ribs, cut in half lengthwise and then into 3- to 4-inch sticks (optional)
1 cup Salad Dressing, blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with rub. Toss to coat.
2. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray.Spread wings on the baking sheets in a single layer.
3. Bake wings for 30 minutes. Flip each wing over and bake another 30 minutes.Then flip each wing over again and bake another 15 minutes. Remove wings from the oven and let them stand for 5 minutes.
4. During the last baking period, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, meltthe butter with the oil. When it's melted, remove saucepan from heat and add thehot pepper sauce, stirring vigorously until emulsified.
5. Place cooked wings in a large bowl and pour sauce over them. Toss to coat. Servewarm or at room temperature, accompanied by celery sticks and blue cheese dressing, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Serves 8 (5 to 6 wings per serving)|
|Calories||320 kcal (16%)|
|Calories from Fat||153 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||17 g (26%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (25%)|
|Cholesterol||120 mg (40%)|
|Sodium||620 mg (25%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g (0%)|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g (0%)|
|Protein||40 g (66%)|
|Vitamin A||522 IU (10%)|
|Vitamin C||7 mg (11%)|
|Calcium||51 mg (1%)|
|Iron||7 mg (11%)|