Print This Recipe
Stuffed Capsicums (Green Bell Peppers )
Servings: Makes 4 servings
Cook Time: 28 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
3 medium white potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 large carrot, grated
4 medium green bell peppers, tops cut off, seeds and veins removed
2 tablespoon grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
4 teaspoon finely chopped Cilantro leaves
1. Place potatoes in a medium pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, then mash potatoes in the cooking pot with butter, salt, pepper, and oregano. When potatoes are roughly mashed and butter has melted in, stir in the peas and carrot.
2. Scoop potato mixture into the peppers, dividing equally. Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon cheese over the surface of each one.
3. Place peppers on a microwave safe dish and microwave on high until peppers are slightly tender and cheese is melted, about 9 to 12 minutes.
4. Remove from microwave and sprinkle top of each pepper with 1 tablespoon coconut and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 4 servings|
|Calories||210 kcal (10%)|
|Calories from Fat||63 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||7 g (10%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (25%)|
|Cholesterol||10 mg (3%)|
|Sodium||260 mg (10%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||35 g (11%)|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g (32%)|
|Protein||8 g (13%)|