Print This Recipe
Servings: Makes 12 servings
Cook Time: 80 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
8 each reduced-fat honey graham crackers (Crust)
2 tablespoon canola oil (Crust)
2 tablespoon sugar (Crust)
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (Crust)
2 8 oz pkgs Neufchatel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese, at room temperature (filling)
2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt (Filling)
1 1/4 cups sugar (Filling)
2 tablespoon modified cornstarch (Filling)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Filling)
2 each eggs (Filling)
2 each Egg whites (Filling)
1 handful fresh berries, optional garnish
1 handful mint leaves, optional garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap a large piece of aluminum foil around the outside of a 9-inch springform pan. Spray the bottom and sides of the pan with vegetable cooking spray. Have on hand a larger pan that can hold the springform pan.
2. Prepare the crust. Grind crackers in a food processor until coarsely ground; there should be about 1 cup of crumbs. Add canola oil and pulse to mix; scrape down sides and pulse again, making sure oil is thoroughly distributed. Add sugar and cinnamon and pulse again to incorporate. (Alternately, place crackers in a plastic bag and crush usinga rolling pin. Transfer to a bowl and mix in oil, sugar, and cinnamonuntil well mixed.) Transfer crumbs to prepared pan and press evenlyover bottom and 1/2 inch up sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Removefrom oven and let cool on a rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
3. Prepare the filling. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-high to beat Neufchatel cheese until smooth. Add yogurt and sugar and beat until creamy and fully incorporated, pausing occasionally to scrape down sides with a rubber spatula. Mix in cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs, then egg whites, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mixture should be creamy and free of lumps. Pour batter into pan with crust. Place pan in a larger baking pan and place in oven. Pour very hot or boiling water into the larger pan until it reaches halfway up side of cheesecake pan. Bake until almost set butstill slightly wiggly in the center, about 65 to 75 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack to room temperature, about 1 hour. Refrigerate until fully chilled, at least 4 hours.
4. To serve, remove foil from pan and remove springform side. Slice and serve with fresh berries and mint leaves, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 12 servings|
|Calories||220 kcal (11%)|
|Calories from Fat||108 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||12 g (18%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (25%)|
|Cholesterol||60 mg (20%)|
|Sodium||180 mg (7%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||23 g (7%)|
|Protein||9 g (15%)|