Print This Recipe
Chili Dilly Green Beans
Servings: Makes 2 (32 oz) Jars about 6 servings per jar
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1/4 cup fresh dill
8 each Garlic cloves, peeled
4 each dried chili peppers (found in the specialty area of Produce) or 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
8 each peppercorns
1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
3 cups cider vinegar
1 1/4 cups Water, plus more if needed
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1. Divide dill, garlic, chili peppers (or pepper flakes), and peppercorns between 2 sterilized wide-mouth quart (32 oz.) jars. Divide the beans between the 2 jars.
2. In a medium saucepan heat vinegar, 1 1/4 cups water, and salt over high heat. Bring to a boil, making sure salt is dissolved.
3. Carefully pour the hot liquid into the two jars, making sure beans and otheringredients are submerged. The liquid should come 1/2 inch from the top of thejar. If needed, add additional boiling water.
4. Seal the jars tightly and refrigerate. Beans will be ready in 3 to 5 days, and will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 2 (32 oz) Jars about 6 servings per jar|
|Calories||25 kcal (1%)|
|Calories from Fat||n/a|
|Sodium||270 mg (11%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||3 g (1%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||1 g (1%)|