Print This Recipe
Herb-Crusted Lamb Chops with Orzo
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 cups orzo
3 tablespoon Fresh rosemary leaves
2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
3 tablespoon Olive oil, divided
6 each (1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick) blade Lamb chops
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
3/4 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground, divided
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
2 cups cooked peas
4 teaspoon fresh lime juice
6 tablespoons Feta cheese, crumbled
1. In a large pot, bring 1 gallon water to a boil over high heat. When water boils, stir in 1 tablespoon salt, then add orzo. Cook until al dente, about 7 to 9 minutes.
2. While water heats, combine rosemary, oregano, lime zest, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a food processor or blender and process to form a loose paste. Pat lamb chops dry with a paper towel; season on all sides with salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Rub paste onto both sides of the chops. Set aside until orzo is done cooking.
3. Drain cooked orzo and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the oil, mint, peas, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
4. In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and brown the chops, about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, depending on the thickness of the chops. Remove from heat, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
5. Toss orzo with lime juice and feta. To serve, divide orzo among 6 plates and top each serving with a chop.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||420 kcal (21%)|
|Calories from Fat||207 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||23 g (35%)|
|Saturated Fat||8 g (40%)|
|Cholesterol||70 mg (23%)|
|Sodium||420 mg (17%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||29 g (9%)|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g (16%)|
|Protein||23 g (38%)|