Print This Recipe
Serrano Orange Chicken with Jasmine Rice
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 3/4-inch pieces
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
3/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
2 each serrano chili peppers, seeded, deveined, and minced
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
1 cup sliced red and yellow bell pepper
2(8.5 oz.) pkgs precooked microwavable jasmine rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
1. In a medium bowl, coat chicken pieces with cornstarch. Set aside.
2. In another medium bowl, combine orange zest, orange juice, honey, serranos,sesame oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, and soy sauce. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan and heat over medium-highheat. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes. Turn chicken and cook 5 minutes longer. Add orange sauce to the skillet. Toss to coat chicken, and cook until sauce is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add bell peppers back to the pan and cook just until heated through, about 1minute.
5. Heat rice in microwave according to package instructions, about 1 1/2minutes.
6. To serve, divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with chicken and peppersand serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||540 kcal (27%)|
|Calories from Fat||144 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||16 g (24%)|
|Saturated Fat||2 g (10%)|
|Cholesterol||75 mg (25%)|
|Sodium||340 mg (14%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||69 g (23%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||30 g (50%)|