Print This Recipe
Spicy Roasted Pumpkin with Pecans
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 each (2 1/2 to 3 lb.) cooking pumpkin
2 tablespoons Canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Taste of Inspirations Cabo Chipotle dry rub
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
3/4 cup Coarsely chopped pecans
1 tablespoon light brown sugar, or to tatse
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
2. Halve the pumpkin; scrape out and discard the strings and seeds. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the pumpkin. Cut the flesh into 1-inch chunks.
3. Place the pumpkin pieces in a large bowl and toss with oil, rub, salt, cayenne, pecans, and sugar, stirring to coat pumpkin evenly with seasonings. Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Roast until pumpkin is tender, about 40 to 45 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking. Serve hot.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2011 - Recipe by Jane Dornbusch
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||190 kcal (9%)|
|Calories from Fat||135 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||15 g (23%)|
|Saturated Fat||2 g (7%)|
|Sodium||70 mg (2%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||16 g (5%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||3 g (5%)|