Print This Recipe
Pork with Kale and Golden Raisins and Almonds
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 68 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 (2 lb.) each boneless Chef`s prime pork roast (boneless pork loin roast)
1 tablespoon Taste of Inspirations Citrus Pepper dry rub
1/3 cup sliced almonds
3 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
1 1/2 lbs kale, washed well
1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
1 1/4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup golden raisins
1 teaspoon Minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
1 each Lemon, cut into 6 wedges (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan or roasting pan with vegetable cooking spray and set aside. Season pork on all sides with the pepper rub.
2. Toast almonds in a large nonstick skillet. Cook and stir almonds over medium heat until fragrant and golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. When hot, brown the pork, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove pork from skillet and set aside.
4. While pork browns, prepare kale. Discard the thick stems. Coarsely chop kale and place in a large bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, shallots, broth, raisins, garlic, paprika, and salt. Toss until evenly mixed, then transfer to the prepared baking pan.
5. Place pork on top of the kale and tightly cover pan with foil. Bake for 50 minutes until pork is cooked through. The internal temperature of the pork should be 155 degrees in the center of the roast. If it is not done, continue to bake, checking at 5 minute intervals for the correct doneness. When the pork is done, transfer it to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest for 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Slice the pork into 6 even portions and transfer to 6 plates. Toss kale with the lemon juice and reserved almonds and divide among the plates; garnish with a lemon wedge, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||410 kcal (20%)|
|Calories from Fat||198 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||22 g (33%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (25%)|
|Cholesterol||85 mg (28%)|
|Sodium||200 mg (8%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||24 g (8%)|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g (12%)|
|Protein||33 g (55%)|