Print This Recipe
Pork, Apple, and Sweet Potato Casserole
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 83 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
6 each thick-cut boneless pork loin chops (about 1 inch thick), trimmed of fat
2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
4 each sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
3 each apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rings
1/2 cup dry white wine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
2. In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour, coating evenly and shaking off excess. Discard excess flour mixture.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook pork chops, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned on both sides. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
4. Layer half the sweet potatoes over pork chops. Sprinkle with one-third of the brown sugar. Layer half the apples over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with another third of the brown sugar. Layer with the remaining sweet potatoes, apples, and brown sugar. Pour wine over mixture and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
5. Cover and bake in preheated for 1 1/4 hours or until just a hint of pink remains inside pork. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more or until apples are browned.
Courtesy of Taste for Life
Recipe from 300 Best Casserole Recipes
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||597 kcal (29%)|
|Calories from Fat||198 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||22 g (33%)|
|Saturated Fat||11 g (55%)|
|Cholesterol||68 mg (22%)|
|Sodium||368 mg (15%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||88 g (29%)|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g (44%)|
|Protein||31 g (51%)|
|Vitamin A||79 IU (1%)|
|Vitamin C||57 mg (95%)|
|Calcium||73 mg (1%)|
|Iron||9 mg (15%)|