Print This Recipe
Mini Frittatas with Asparagus and Caramelized Onions
Servings: Serves 4 to 6
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
10 stalks asparagus, woody ends removed, cut into very small pieces
8 each eggs
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. Heat oil in a saute pan and cook onions over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they begin to caramelize.
2. Add asparagus, turn up heat, and cook until bright green and just tender - about 2 - 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
3. In a medium bowl, add eggs and milk and beat until well combined. Fold in cheese and add vegetables to egg mixture. Optional: add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon egg mixture into muffin tin (filling each cup 1/2 - 2/3 full); place in oven and cook 8 - 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Serves 4 to 6|
|Calories||266 kcal (13%)|
|Calories from Fat||198 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||22 g (33%)|
|Saturated Fat||13 g (65%)|
|Cholesterol||448 mg (149%)|
|Sodium||294 mg (12%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||11 g (3%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||24 g (40%)|
|Vitamin A||995 IU (19%)|
|Vitamin C||6 mg (10%)|
|Calcium||268 mg (5%)|
|Iron||6 mg (10%)|