Print This Recipe
Herby Flatbread Dippers
Servings: Serves 10
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 tablespoon Fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tablespoon Fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tablespoon garlic (fresh/minced, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
1/4 cup coarse sea salt (or coarse kosher salt)
1/3 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Crushed red pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon Olive oil (or olive oil spray)
4 - 5 each small whole wheat pitas (or 1 package fresh Whole Wheat Hannaford Pizza Dough)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place dough/pita on lightly oiled cookie sheet or pizza stone (If using fresh pizza dough, break into two balls and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Roll out each VERY THIN on a lightly floured surface).
3. Lightly brush dough (or whole grain pitas) with olive oil (or spray with olive oil spray). Sprinkle dough/pita with a blend of crushed rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, and parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper (optional). Use more or less of any ingredient to taste.
4. Bake 11 - 13 minutes if using fresh dough, 6 - 8 minutes if using pita.
5. Slice into short rectangular strips and serve with hummus, guacamole, a cup of heated prepared pasta sauce, or enjoy them plain.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||107 kcal (5%)|
|Calories from Fat||63 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||7 g (10%)|
|Saturated Fat||7 g (35%)|
|Cholesterol||4 mg (1%)|
|Sodium||3060 mg (127%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||24 g (8%)|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g (28%)|
|Protein||11 g (18%)|
|Vitamin A||42 IU (0%)|
|Vitamin C||5 mg (8%)|
|Calcium||50 mg (1%)|
|Iron||8 mg (13%)|