Print This Recipe
Crab-Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Servings: Serves 10
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 each shallots, minced
2 each leeks, whites sliced thin, greens discarded
2 ( 6 oz.) containers maine crabmeat, roughly chopped
1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
2 ( 10 oz.) pkgs baby bella mushrooms (about 20), stems removed
1 dash paprika for dusting
1 handful parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and leeks and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, cheese, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Stir in shallot mixture and mix well.
3. Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet lined with foil. Stuff caps with approximately 1 tablespoon crab mixture (caps will be piled high). Sprinkle each cap with paprika. May be prepared to this point a few hours in advance, refrigerated, and then baked just before serving.
4. Bake mushroom caps for 10 minutes until just brown on top and cheese is melted. If desired, garnish each mushroom with a parsley leaf. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November- December 2009
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||140 kcal (7%)|
|Calories from Fat||45 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||5 g (7%)|
|Saturated Fat||3 g (12%)|
|Cholesterol||35 mg (11%)|
|Sodium||290 mg (12%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||10 g (3%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||12 g (20%)|