Print This Recipe
Chocolate Layer Cheesecake Turtle Pie
Servings: Makes 1 Pie
Cook Time: 41 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
35 each vanilla wafers, crushed (about 2 cups) (Crust)
1/4 cup Unsalted butter, melted (Crust)
2 tablespoons sugar (Crust)
2 8 oz. pkgs Hannaford brand Cream cheese, softened (Cheesecake)
1/2 cup sugar (Cheesecake)
1/2 teaspoon Hannaford brand vanilla extract (Cheesecake)
2 each eggs (Cheesecake)
3 each squares semisweet baking chocolate (Cheesecake)
8 each vanilla wafers (Garnish)
8 each Pecan halves (Garnish)
1 each square semisweet baking chocolate, melted (Garnish)
4 each caramels (Garnish)
1/2 cup My Essentials brand regular Whipped cream topping (Garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For the crust: Mix vanilla wafers, butter and sugar until well blended. Press mixture firmly onto bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
3. For the cheesecake: Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed just until blended.
4. Remove 1 cup batter; mix with melted chocolate. Pour into prepared crust, top with remaining plain batter. Bake 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Cool completely.
5. For the garnish: Dip half each vanilla wafers in melted chocolate; place on wax covered baking sheet. Top each with pecan half. Refrigerate until set. Place caramels and 1 teaspoon water in microwaveable bowl. Microwave 30 seconds - 1 minute, until caramels are completely melted when stirred. Drizzle pie with caramel sauce. Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate dipped vanilla wafers just before serving.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 1 Pie|
|Calories||3376 kcal (168%)|
|Calories from Fat||1260 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||140 g (215%)|
|Saturated Fat||79 g (395%)|
|Cholesterol||737 mg (245%)|
|Sodium||4026 mg (167%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||521 g (173%)|
|Dietary Fiber||90 g (360%)|
|Protein||70 g (116%)|
|Vitamin A||4256 IU (85%)|
|Vitamin C||2 mg (3%)|
|Calcium||486 mg (9%)|
|Iron||34 mg (56%)|