Print This Recipe
Servings: Serves 4 (Makes about 18 mushrooms )
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 lbs large white mushrooms
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium Onion, chopped
2 each Garlic clove, finely chopped
1/3 cup bread crumbs, plus more if needed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 - 2 tablespoons Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1 handful chopped parsley (optional garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Rinse any dirt from the mushrooms and pat dry. Remove stems by twisting them off the cap so there is a cavity in the cap. Trim the edge of the cavity carefully to make more room for stuffing. Set caps aside. Finely chop the stems and trimmed bits.
3. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped stems, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, and stir to combine. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oregano and mix well. Add additional bread crumbs or lemon juice as needed to help the mixture hold together.
4. Stuff bread crumb mixture into reserved mushroom caps. Sprinkle each cap with mozzarella and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Arrange the caps on the prepared baking sheet and bake until cheese is melted and filling is lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter, sprinkling with parsleyif desired, and serve warm.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Serves 4 (Makes about 18 mushrooms )|
|Calories||340 kcal (17%)|
|Calories from Fat||234 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||26 g (40%)|
|Saturated Fat||14 g (70%)|
|Cholesterol||55 mg (18%)|
|Sodium||500 mg (20%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||17 g (5%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||12 g (20%)|