Print This Recipe
Servings: Makes 24 (serves 8)
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
5 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
3 large Shallot, finely chopped
1 each celery rib, finely chopped
1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
1 lb Cooked shrimp, tails and shells removed,finely chopped
4 each eggs, divided
1/4 cup Finely chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Bread crumbs, plain
1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (optional)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, celery, and zucchini and saute, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add shrimp and saute for anadditional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, lightly beat 2 of the eggs with parsley, salt, and pepper. Add cooled shrimp mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the plain bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. Form mixture into about 2 dozen walnut-size balls and place on baking sheet.
3. Beat 2 remaining eggs in a small bowl. Place Italian bread crumbs in a second small bowl next to the eggs.
4. Wipe the skillet clean, then heat remaining 4 tablespoons oil over high heat.
5. Dip each shrimp ball into the egg to coat and then roll to cover in seasoned bread crumbs.
6. Working in batches, fry the shrimp balls, turning to cook evenly, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per batch. Drain cooked polpettini on a paper-towel-lined plate. To serve, arrange on a platter with toothpicks, with a bowl of marinara sauce on the side for dipping, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 24 (serves 8)|
|Calories||270 kcal (13%)|
|Calories from Fat||117 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||13 g (20%)|
|Saturated Fat||2 g (10%)|
|Cholesterol||205 mg (68%)|
|Sodium||570 mg (23%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||17 g (5%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||20 g (33%)|