Print This Recipe
Chinese Barbecued Chicken with Cucumber Slaw
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
4 each Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 1 3/4 lbs., trimmed
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons no-salt added ketchup
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 cups cole slaw mix
1/2 large cucumber
2 each Scallions
6 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish (large enough to hold the chicken in 1 layer) with vegetable cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in the pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, orange juice, and garlic. Pour over chicken and roll the chicken around in the sauce to coat well on all sides. Bake chicken for 20 minutes.
3. While chicken bakes, place cole slaw mix in a medium bowl. Peel the cucumber, slice in half lengthwise, then slice into thin half circles; there should be 1 cup. Add to the slaw mix. Thinly slice the scallions and add to the bowl. Toss well to mix.
4. Place vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds. Stir to dissolve sugar and salt, then add water. Pour over the slaw mixture, add black pepper, and toss well. Set aside to marinate while the chicken finishes cooking.
5. When the chicken is done, toss the slaw again and use a slotted spoon to divide among 4 plates. Slice each chicken breast into 1/2-inch slices and arrange on the plates with the slaw. Spoon sauce from the pan over the chickenand serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||130 kcal (6%)|
|Calories from Fat||14 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||2 g (2%)|
|Saturated Fat||0 g (0%)|
|Cholesterol||10 mg (3%)|
|Sodium||780 mg (32%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||24 g (8%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||5 g (8%)|