Print This Recipe
Asian BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup Nature's Place Organic ketchup
2 tablespoons Nature's Place Organic honey
4 teaspoons reduced-sodium wheat-free tamari sauce (such as San-J brand)
1 teaspoon Sherry vinegar
3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon siracha chili sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 (15 slice) pkg Nature's Place fully cooked uncured bacon
1 lb Nature's Place raw shrimp (26-,-30 ct.), thawed and peeled with tails left intact
2 each Scallions, thinly sliced (optional garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Have ready about 3 dozen wooden toothpicks.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together ketchup, honey, tamari, vinegar, oil, garlicpowder, chili sauce, and ginger. Set aside.
3. Cut each slice of bacon in half widthwise. Wrap half slices aroundthe thickest part of the shrimp, using a toothpick to hold it in place;use a second toothpick if needed. Place wrapped shrimp on baking sheet. There may be a few half slices of bacon left over.
4. Brush reserved sauce over the top of each shrimp piece. Bake until shrimp is cooked through and bacon is crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter, garnish with scallions if desired, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||180 kcal (9%)|
|Calories from Fat||90 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||10 g (15%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (25%)|
|Cholesterol||100 mg (33%)|
|Sodium||1280 mg (53%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||7 g (2%)|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g (0%)|
|Protein||21 g (35%)|