Print This Recipe
Gluten Free Cornbread
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 cup Cornmeal
1/2 cup Nature's Place Gluten Free Vanilla angelfood cake mix, unprepared
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Taste of Inspirations Fleur de Sel sea salt
2 each Nature's Place Cage Free Large Grade A eggs
1 cup low-fat or Nonfat buttermilk
2 tablespoons Nature's Place Organic honey
Note: The cake mix includes a separate packet of cream of tartar. Remove and save for another use.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square pan with gluten free vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, cake mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and honey. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Use a large spoon to stir together until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading the batter so it's even.
4. Bake until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then cut into squares and serve warm, or let cool completely to use for stuffing.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2011
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||140 kcal (7%)|
|Calories from Fat||18 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||2 g (3%)|
|Saturated Fat||1 g (2%)|
|Cholesterol||45 mg (15%)|
|Sodium||390 mg (16%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||25 g (8%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||4 g (6%)|