Print This Recipe
Easy Roasted Garlic
Servings: Makes 1 Head of Roasted Garlic
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 each head of garlic
1 capful olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel away any extra outer papery white layers. Leave white layers of the individual garlic cloves intact and keep each individual clove attached to the garlic head.
2. Cut off top 1/2 inch of garlic head to expose tops of cloves. Place garlic head on large square of aluminum foil. Pour a drizzle of olive oil over top ofexposed cloves, making sure each clove is properly coated. Wrap aluminum foil around garlic head to cover completely. Place on baking sheet.
3. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until cloves are soft when pressed with a fork. Allow garlic to cool.
4. Using your fingers or a cocktail fork, pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their individual skins. Mash with a fork and spread on toastedbread or use as a topping for baked potatoes.
Hannaford Organic & Natural Magazine, February 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 1 Head of Roasted Garlic|
|Calories||5 kcal (0%)|
|Calories from Fat||9 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||1 g (1%)|
|Saturated Fat||1 g (5%)|
|Cholesterol||0 mg (0%)|
|Sodium||1 mg (0%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||1 g (0%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||1 g (1%)|
|Vitamin A||1 IU (0%)|
|Vitamin C||1 mg (1%)|
|Calcium||6 mg (0%)|
|Iron||1 mg (1%)|