Print This Recipe
Evie's Mexican Shepherd's Pie
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 lb lean ground beef
1 ( 1.25 oz.) pkg Hannaford taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup My Essentials Old Fashioned or quick oats
1 each My Essentials Large White egg, lightly beaten
2 1/4 cups Hannaford instant mashed potatoes
2 1/4 cups water
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup My Essentials sour cream
3 cups Frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (choose your favorite)
1 ( 8 oz.) pkg My Essentials 4 Cheese Mexican Fancy Shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together beef, taco seasoning, oats, and egg until well blended. Press into a 9-inch square or round baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through. Drain any excess liquid.
3. While meat cooks, prepare the mashed potatoes as directed on the package, using the water and milk. Mix in sour cream and set aside.
4. Spread thawed vegetables on top of cooked meat. Top with shredded cheese.Spread mashed potatoes on top of cheese. Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||490 kcal (24%)|
|Calories from Fat||225 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||25 g (38%)|
|Saturated Fat||14 g (70%)|
|Cholesterol||95 mg (31%)|
|Sodium||890 mg (37%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||35 g (11%)|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g (24%)|
|Protein||33 g (55%)|