Print This Recipe
Dark Chocolate and Orange Cookies
Servings: Makes About 40 cookies (20 servings)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
8 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 1/4 cups (21/2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup Sugar, divided
2 each eggs
3 tablespoons grated orange zest (from 2 to 3 oranges)
2 tablespoons Fresh orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Melt chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. Stiruntil smooth and completely melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a large bowl use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat butter, brownsugar, and 1/2 cup of the sugar until well blended. Add eggs, orange zest, and juice. Mix until well combined. Add melted chocolate and mix well. Stir in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Scoop tablespoons of dough, roll them into balls, and roll the balls in the sugar. Place ballson prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake about 13 minutes. Cookies will spread, with a crackled surface. The edges should be firm, but the center slightly soft.
6. Remove parchment paper with cookies on it to cool. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, or freeze.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July -,- August 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes About 40 cookies (20 servings)|
|Calories||310 kcal (15%)|
|Calories from Fat||144 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||16 g (24%)|
|Saturated Fat||10 g (50%)|
|Cholesterol||50 mg (16%)|
|Sodium||160 mg (6%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||43 g (14%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||4 g (6%)|