Print This Recipe
Glazed Sea Bass with Mango-Carrot Slaw
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
2 teaspoons honey
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 oz angel hair cabbage mix (half a 10 oz. pkg.)
1/2 cup grated carrot
2 cups Fresh mango, diced (2 to 3 mangoes)
4 each (6 oz.) sea bass fillets or other firm white fish
6 tablespoons Taste of Inspirations Caribbean Mango Grilling sauce
1 tablespoon butter with canola oil, sliced into 4 pats
1. Preheat grill to moderately hot (about 400 degrees).
2. In a medium bowl, combine mayo, sesame oil, vinegar, honey, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Add cabbage mix, carrot, and mango and stir until mixed. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the fish.
3. Lay three sheets of foil on top of each other on a work surface. Place fish fillets in a row in the center of the foil, leaving space in between. Fold all four sides of the foil toward the center, making a frame around the fillets, then bend sides up to make a tray.
4. Use a pastry brush to brush 1 1/2 tablespoons grilling sauce over the top of each fillet. Top each with 1 pat of butter.
5. Place foil tray on the preheated grill and grill for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets, watching to make sure the butter stays inside the foil tray and does not catch fire. The butter will melt and may brown the edges of the fish. Fish is done when opaque and flaky in the middle. Do not overcook. The fish will continue to cook a bit after you remove it from the heat.
6. To serve, use a slotted spoon to mound a generous 1/2 cup of mango-carrot slaw in the center of 4 plates. Top each with a fillet.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July -,- August 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||240 kcal (12%)|
|Calories from Fat||54 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||6 g (9%)|
|Saturated Fat||2 g (7%)|
|Cholesterol||45 mg (15%)|
|Sodium||300 mg (12%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||26 g (8%)|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g (12%)|
|Protein||21 g (35%)|