Print This Recipe
Mini Sweet Peppers Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Spinach
Servings: Serves 8 (3 peppers per person)
Cook Time: 19 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 ( 10 oz.) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
6 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
2 each Garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/4 cup Jar chopped pimentos, drained (found in the International aisle)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 ( 10 oz.) pkgs mini sweet peppers (24 peppers), tops and seeds removed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Squeeze all liquid from the spinach. Place on a cutting board and chop even more finely, then transfer to a medium bowl. Add goat cheese, garlic, shallots, pimentos, cayenne, salt, and pepper and mix until thoroughly combined, using a wooden spoon, electric mixer, or your hands.
3. Using a small spoon or your fingers, stuff peppers with filling. Arrange peppers on their sides on the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart.
4. Bake peppers until bottoms start to brown and filling is hot, about 16 to 19 minutes. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July -,- August 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Serves 8 (3 peppers per person)|
|Calories||130 kcal (6%)|
|Calories from Fat||63 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||7 g (10%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (22%)|
|Cholesterol||15 mg (5%)|
|Sodium||240 mg (10%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||10 g (3%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||7 g (11%)|