Print This Recipe
Peanut Butter Cookies
Servings: Makes 6 dozen cookies (2 per serving)
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups no-stirring-needed natural-style peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 each eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream butter and peanut butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat until smooth. Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix well; then add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixed well.
3. Scrape sides and sprinkle baking soda and salt over batter. Sprinkle on flour. Blend until well incorporated.
4. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press down on each ball with a fork twice, forming a criss-cross pattern. Be careful not to press too hard, as the cookies can crack.
5. Bake until edges are firm but center is still slightly soft, about 10 to 12 minutes (the color will not change much). Let cool 1 minute on the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough as needed. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 6 dozen cookies (2 per serving)|
|Calories||140 kcal (7%)|
|Calories from Fat||72 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||8 g (12%)|
|Saturated Fat||3 g (15%)|
|Cholesterol||15 mg (5%)|
|Sodium||110 mg (4%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||16 g (5%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||3 g (5%)|