Print This Recipe
Grilled Caesar Salad with Lemon-Garlic Shrimp
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 lb Large shrimp, peeled, deveined (shrimp)
1 tablespoon olive oil (shrimp)
3 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice (shrimp)
3 each Garlic cloves, minced (shrimp)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (shrimp)
3 each Anchovies (salad)
3 each Garlic cloves ( salad)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (salad)
4 teaspoons dijon mustard (salad)
2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice (salad)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, divided (salad)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (salad)
3 or 4 sprays olive oil cooking oil spray (salad)
8 each (1/4-inch-thick) baguette slices (salad)
2 each Hearts of Romaine , halved lengthwise (salad)
1 each Lemon, cut into 8 wedges (salad)
1. Prepare the shrimp. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with oil, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
2. While the shrimp marinates, prepare the salad dressing. In a blender or a food processor, combine anchovies, garlic, oil, mustard, and lemon juice; blend until emulsified and smooth. Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and pepper and blend until well combined.
3. Heat a grill to medium and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Spray baguette slices and grill, turning once, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. Grill romaine hearts, cut side down, until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes. Place on 4 plates, grilled side up.
5. Thread marinated shrimp onto 4 or 8 skewers (depending on the length) along with 1 or 2 lemon wedges. Grill until shrimp are cooked through and the lemon is lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
6. Place shrimp on romaine and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining Parmesan. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||440 kcal (22%)|
|Calories from Fat||207 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||23 g (35%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (22%)|
|Cholesterol||175 mg (58%)|
|Sodium||920 mg (38%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||26 g (8%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||32 g (53%)|